Wednesday 23 January 2013

A Bad Habit

It's has been a really long time since I've tweeted, umm, sorry, blogged anything sensitive. Well, tonight comes to a topic that has long been roaming inside my mind. It's about hating. Ironically, I'm a big hater for haters, but to put it into a more appropriate terms, I disapprove of haters. We'll dissect into that in just a moment.

In the meanwhile, we should define the word hater. Basically it means a group or individual that strongly disapproves a subject be it metaphorically or literally. I guess everybody know this term already. Let's move on to the main point.

After years spent with the 9Gag community, my friends and society, I've come to learn that they purely hate stuff like Twilight, Bieber, 1D, Kpop, and all those stuff we learn to hate about. Being in a remote and calm environment, breathing fresh breeze of the vast ocean, I've notice that hate is the spawn of Satan in your heart. It might not be clear to some, but it's the truth.

I won't lie to you, a few days ago I was a strong hater of one of the group stated above. I know that Twilight is cheesy and Bella's face is quite emotionless, but that does not give you the right to hate it with all your heart. I don't see the relevance in hating it so much. We could channel the immense hatred onto the Zionist perhaps, but hating some romantic teenage movie isn't more profitable than staring a melting ice cube. Hating is just one way of Satan playing with your heart. And every time you hate something or someone, you'll be adding sins to your petty soul.

The main point is, if you don't like it, then don't do anything with it. Just ignore perhaps. Hating? It's just gonna add to your sin count. See? Nothing really profitable there, isn't it? For instance, they say the Twilight saga is better than the Harry Potter saga. In my point of view, it's all the same. What differs is the fanbase, it's either they are mature people or just immature kids who whine all about the opposing team.

All this words up there could be confusing to non-readers, what I'm trying to sincerely convey is, please don't hate each other and respect other people's taste. It's their decision, their taste, their preferences. And as a mature person, you should respect their decision no matter how 'gay' it is.

I'm not trying to force any one of you to follow my creed but it's a must for me to share what I've gained from the past few months staying here. As the Malay proverb would say,

Buang yang keruh, ambil yang jernih
Let's improve for the betterment of ourselves, and the society. Amin.

'Till then

No comments:

Post a Comment