Sunday 23 February 2014

Never a Case Unsolved

I was never much of a television series fan, except for Top Gear, because of the segmented storylines and inside jokes. Yes, I know, that is what makes a television series feel special and unique, but what if you missed a chunk of the earlier episodes and you picked up inn the middle of a season? That's the only reason that kept me away from any television series, until now.

I introduce you BAFTA, Emmys and Golden Globe award winner television series Sherlock. A classic tale based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's masterpiece with a contemporary twist. Now, I'm quite certain every time someone hears the word 'adaptation', a little part of them died inside. Why? Because most of the adaptation of past pieces, for instance a viral zombie movie based off a video game or balls of dragon Z, hasn't really caught the attention of many simply because it isn't as close to the original. Many of the elements were missing.

This one is special, unique. Most of the elements are in place. The characters are faithfully recreated and not even the most minor characters are left out.Speaking of characters, the brilliant detective is played by British sweetheart Benedict Cumberbatch, and his loyal partner Dr John Watson is portrayed by Martin Freeman.

One thing I really like about this series, as to Top Gear, is their witty British humour. I promise you, you can never find Brit humour boring. The series is in its third season now since it's conception is 2008. Yes, I'm quite late writing this review of some kind. 

As an end note, I highly suggest you catch up on the series. For those in Malaysia, tune into AXN this 27th of February for the premiere of the much anticipated Season 3. Trust me, you'll love it.

Bye now



No comments:

Post a Comment